About Collett's Corner
Vibrant, lively, Lyttelton.
Collett's Corner is a new, multi-use building to be constructed on Lyttelton’s main street. It is intentionally designed as a place to connect with friends and whānau in a space that is centred around wellbeing. A lively mix of hospitality, retail, apartments, all centred around facilities and treatment spaces for wellbeing providers. Collett's Corner is set to become a vibrant hub for the people of Lyttelton and an exciting destination for all.
Bringing people together.
Collett's Corner is a building that’s all about people. Every part of it is purposefully designed to attract and connect people. Imagine, gathering with family and friends, meeting like-minded people and making new connections in a welcoming place. Lyttelton is known and loved for its lively community spirit, and Collett's Corner will celebrate and strengthen that even further.
Designed by many.
Collett's Corner is the result of tons of ideas contributed by the community over a 2-year collaborative process. The final design was chosen democratically out of a range of options and has been fine-tuned through further engagement. Many voices have been heard and the building is better for it.
A model for a better future.
Let’s show the world what’s possible. Collett's Corner’s collective design process and ownership structure is modelling a new way of doing things. Beyond local – it’s an example that has the potential to inspire change everywhere. Beyond today – it’s a building that will benefit our children and their children too.
- Lytteltonions (people that work, live or own property in the Harbour Basin)
- Investors in Collett's Corner (public register of all shareholders)
- Collett's Corner residents
- Future tenants and business owners
- Ohu: Development Manager
- Aecom: Quantity Surveyor
- Engeo: Geotech
- Novo Group: Planner, Transport Engineer
- Structex: Structural Engineer
- Holmes Fire: Fire Engineer
- Powell Fenwick: Service Engineer
- EA Curation: Human Centric Design Commercial Strategy
- Leon White Design: Graphic Design
- The Copy Room: Copy Editor
- Telling Lives: Story Teller and Video Production
- Fairground Accounting: Accountant
- Parry Field Lawyers: Legal Advice
- Vicki Tahau Paton Real Estate - Realtor
- Pitcaithly Body Corporate Services - Body Corporate
To receive project updates please sign up here.
Stages of Development
The plan is to complete the planning and design by the early of 2021, start construction and open the building mid 2022.
- Listening & Ideation Phase: Jul -Nov 2017
Ask the community to share their ideas for the site
Assess potential options for the project
- Scoping Phase: Jan - May 2018
Share options and seek input
Identify preferred option
Develop feasibility report
Create financial and legal structures aligned to the project's purpose
Seek early stage investors
- Plan & Design Phase: Jun 2018 - Mar 2021
Launch design competition
Assemble the project team
Launch equity crowdfunding campaign (February 2019)
Pre-sale apartments / Pre-lease building
- Construction Phase: Apr 2021 - May 2022
Build community by building the building, including working bees to develop trade experience
- Opening: Jun 2022
Let's celebrate together!
Property development is an iterative process, a design matures as it goes through the various stages. In each phase we refine the design based on learning new information. From time to time we send updates to keep the Collett's Corner shareholders and wider public informed about project's progress. The benefit of this approach is you get to see behind the scenes, you get to understand the many decisions and steps that lead to a development. AND you have the opportunity to share with us your insights as well so that we can advance the design together. If you would like to receive updates please register here. If you missed any of the previous announcements, here is a list:
- July 2019 - Project update - Resource Consent Submitted & Survey Results
- June 2019 - Project update and design changes
- March 2019 - Equity Crowdfunding Celebration
- February 2019 - Equity Crowdfunding update
- February 2019 - Equity Crowdfunding Launch
- February 2019 - Equity Crowdfunding Information Memorandum Released (PDF)
- January 2019 - Equity crowdfunding Important Dates
- December 2018 - Project update and design changes
- October 2018 - Investor Forum
- September 2018 - Press Release Winning Competition Announcement
- August 2018 - Invitation to concept design presentations
- July 2018 - Three Finalists Announced
- June 2018 - Design Competition Exhibition
- May 2018 - Design Competition Meeting Invitation
- April 2018 - Project Update - Attraction Model
- 21.08.2019 - Collett's Corner AGM - Eruption Bar August 20th 6-8pm
- 15.05.2019 - Collett's Corner Apartment Kōrero - Eruption Bar 6-7pm
- 10.04.2019 - Collett's Corner Community Meeting - Eruption Bar 6-7pm (PDF)
- 21.03.2019 - End of the Equity Crowdfunding Campaign Celebration - Eruption Bar 5:30-7:30pm
- 13.03.2019 - Social Architecture - New Frontiers 11:30am
- 19.02.2019 - Design Discussion at Warren & Mahoney - Christchurch 6-7pm
- 17.02.2019 - A+W NZ / NZIA Akl Public Lecture: Development and Communities at Ellen Mellville Centre Auckland 6:30-8:30p
- 15.02.2019 - Public Equity Crowdfunding Launch at the Tannery 6-8pm
- 07.02.2019 - Private Equity Crowdfunding Launch for Lytteltonians at Wunderbar 5:30-8pm
- 07 February 2019 - Launch Equity Crowdfunding Campaign (Information Memorandum / Q&A)
- 05 February 2019 - Lets Own Things Differently - Press Release
- 24.01.2019 - Collett's Corner Project Update with Q&A at XCHC (376 Wilsons Rd) from 5:30-6:30pm
- 04 December 2018 - Participatory Design Workshop 6-8pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 04 December 2018 - Lyttelton Design Review Panel 9-11:30am 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 13.November 2018 - Investor Forum 6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 30 October 2018 - Participatory Design Workshop 6-8pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton (details here)
- 17 October 2018 - Public Investor Forum 6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton (PDF)
- 14 September 2018 - Announcing the winning scheme for the Collett's Corner Design Competition
- 06 September 2018 - Public Presentation: Stage 2 Concept Design Finalists - Lyttelton Art Factory 6-8pm
- 21 August 2018 - Public Meeting: Investor Workshop -6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton (PDF)
- 04 July 2018 - Design Competition Entries - Shortlist announced July 6th
- 06 June 2018 - Public Meeting: Announcing the Design Competition -6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 15 May 2018 - Invitation to submit Concept Designs for Collett's Corner
- 27 March 2018 - Public Meeting: Project Update -6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 05.03.2019 - Style - New Business Thinkers: Unearthed by quakes
- 05.03.2019 - Involving your crowd: Reflections from the PledgeMe office on Collett's Corner
- 02.03.2019 - The World News (Scoop) - 300K Crowdfunding First
- 18.02.2019 - Architecture Now - New Zealand's first crowd-funded commercial project launches
- 21.01.2019 - Telling Lives - Compassionate Capitalism
- 07.02.2019 - Telling Lives - Collett's Corner Equity Crowdfunding Launch Video
- 04.12.2018 The Diversity Agenda - A vision for the 21st Century city
- 26.09.2018 Star - Collett's Corner to become The Hive
- 16.09.2018 The Press - Central Lyttelton site design finalised, with 'The Hive' taking out public competition
- 22.07.2018 Star - Three finalists chosen for Collett's Corner design competition
- 10.07.2018 Idealog - Revealed: the three finalists for Lyttelton's development design competition
- 09.07.2018 The Press - Design proposals for Lyttelton's Collett's Corner site revealed
- 04.2018 Lyttelton Review - Collett's Corner A New Idea for Property Development
- 03.07.2018 The Press - Public vote to determine future of Lyttelton's prominent Collett's Corner site
- 31.03.2018 The Press - Disrupting property development in Lyttelton
- 26.03.2018 The Press - Ambitious Lyttelton project could create Roman baths, cinema, souk-like market
- 07.2017 Lyttelton Review - Co creating Collett's Corner.....
- Collett's Corner Constitution Collett's Corner Ltd is a for purpose company, which means the directors are bound to serve the purpose as set out in our constitution.
- Shareholder Register Collett's Corner has over 300 shareholders, together we are investing in the change we want to see happen.
- Share transfer form If you an existing shareholder and you want to transfer your shares this is the form you need to fill in.
Since moving to Christchurch in 2011, Camia has been involved in several community minded initiatives including XCHC (Exchange Christchurch), Te Pūtahi: Christchurch Centre for Architecture and City Making, the Gap Filler Pallet Pavilion, and Studio Christchurch. Before moving to New Zealand, Camia practiced as an Architect in Europe with OMA in Holland and Herzog & de Meuron in Switzerland and worked on several large scale civic projects and urban master plans. Camia serves as a Trustee on the Hillary Institute board, the Ohu Foundation board and she is the Founding Partner of Ohu Development Ltd and Founding Director XCHC.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Collett's Corner please get in touch.
Ohu is working with the Lyttelton community to c0-create a mixed use development on London St. At the heart of the four story building will be a wellness centre, it will be complimented by shops, a restaurant and apartments.