We are seeking to raise $2,000,000 in equity for Collett's Corner's, to invest visit PledgeMe here.
The campaign closes March 21st at 7pm, don't miss out!
Lyttelton's Shared Future
Let’s own things differently.
With 8 people in the world owning 50% of the wealth, it’s time for everyday people to take action. By choosing to be part of Collett's Corner you’re putting your money where your heart is and acting to create a fairer future.
Make money. Make change.
Collett's Corner will be New Zealand’s first community funded commercial development. It has been collaboratively designed and will be collectively owned, so that we can all enjoy it and share the wealth it generates.
Investing, not donating.
This is an opportunity to purchase part of a commercial development. This ‘shared equity’ campaign is where people near and far can buy shares in the building. The minimum investment is one share ($100). This is not a donation, it’s something that belongs to you, generates returns for you and makes you a creator of an amazing place.
A commercially viable investment.
Investors earn an annual return based on businesses paying rents, the projected rents have been tested with existing rents as well as each business model developed to ensure the businesses are viable. The additional return to investors is based on the capital gain over time.
About Collett's Corner
Vibrant, lively, Lyttelton.
Collett's Corner is a new, multi-use building to be constructed on Lyttelton’s main street. A lively mix of wellness centre, hospitality & accommodation, co-working, rooftop garden and cinema, Collett's Corner is set to become a vibrant hub for the people of Lyttelton and an exciting destination for all.
Bringing people together.
Collett's Corner is a building that’s all about people. Every part of it is purposefully designed to attract and connect people. Imagine, gathering with family and friends, meeting like-minded people and making new connections in a welcoming place. Lyttelton is known and loved for its lively community spirit, and Collett's Corner will celebrate and strengthen that even further.
Designed by many.
Collett's Corner is the result of tons of ideas contributed by the community over a 2-year collaborative process. The final design was chosen democratically out of a range of options and has been fine-tuned through further engagement. Many voices have been heard and the building is better for it.
A model for a better future.
Let’s show the world what’s possible. Collett's Corner’s collective design process and ownership structure is modelling a new way of doing things. Beyond local – it’s an example that has the potential to inspire change everywhere. Beyond today – it’s a building that will benefit our children and their children too.
- 05.03.2019 - Style - New Business Thinkers: Unearthed by quakes
- 02.03.2019 - The World News (Scoop) - 300K Crowdfunding First
18.02.2019 - Architecture Now - New Zealand's first crowd-funded commercial project launches
- 21.01.2019 - Telling Lives - Compassionate Capitalism
- 04.12.2018 The Diversity Agenda - A vision for the 21st Century city
- 26.09.2018 Star - Collett's Corner to become The Hive
- 16.09.2018 The Press - Central Lyttelton site design finalised, with 'The Hive' taking out public competition
- 22.07.2018 Star - Three finalists chosen for Collett's Corner design competition
- 10.07.2018 Idealog - Revealed: the three finalists for Lyttelton's development design competition
- 09.07.2018 The Press - Design proposals for Lyttelton's Collett's Corner site revealed
- 04.2018 Lyttelton Review - Collett's Corner A New Idea for Property Development
- 03.07.2018 The Press - Public vote to determine future of Lyttelton's prominent Collett's Corner site
- 31.03.2018 The Press - Disrupting property development in Lyttelton
- 26.03.2018 The Press - Ambitious Lyttelton project could create Roman baths, cinema, souk-like market
- 07.2017 Lyttelton Review - Co creating Collett's Corner.....
Up Coming Events
- 24.01.2019 - Collett's Corner Project Update with Q&A at XCHC (376 Wilsons Rd) from 5:30-6:30pm
- 07.02.2019 - Private Equity Crowdfunding Launch for Lytteltonians at Wunderbar 5:30-8pm
- 15.02.2019 - Public Equity Crowdfunding Launch at the Tannery 6-8pm
- 17.02.2019 - A+W NZ / NZIA Akl Public Lecture: Development and Communities at Ellen Mellville Centre Auckland 6:30-8:30p
- 19.02.2019 - Design Discussion at Warren & Mahoney - Christchurch 6-7pm
To receive project updates please sign up here.
Collett's Corner is a new, multi-use building to be constructed on Lyttelton’s main street. It is intentionally designed as a place to connect with friends and whānau in a space that is centred around wellbeing. A lively mix of hospitality, retail, apartments, co-working space, all centred around facilities and treatment spaces for wellbeing providers. Collett's Corner will bring Lytteltonians together and attract visitors from a far.
Stages of Development
The plan is to complete the design and planning by mid 2019, start construction by the end of 2019 and open the building at the end of 2020.
- Listening & Ideation Phase: Jul -Nov 2017
Ask the community to share their ideas for the site
Assess potential options for the project
- Scoping Phase: Jan - May 2018
Share options and seek input
Identify preferred option
Develop feasibility report
Create financial and legal structures aligned to the project's purpose
Seek early stage investors
- Plan & Design Phase: Jun 2018 - Jul 2019
Launch design competition
Assemble the project team
Launch equity crowdfunding campaign (February 2019)
Seek business operators
- Construction Phase: Sept 2019 - Nov 2020
Build community by building the building, including working bees to develop trade experience
- Opening: Dec 2020
Let's celebrate together!
- 05 February 2019 - Lets Own Things Differently - Press Release
- 04 December 2018 - Participatory Design Workshop 6-8pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 04 December 2018 - Lyttelton Design Review Panel 9-11:30am 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 13.November 2018 - Investor Forum 6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 30 October 2018 - Participatory Design Workshop 6-8pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton (details here)
- 17 October 2018 - Public Investor Forum 6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton (PDF)
- 14 September 2018 - Announcing the winning scheme for the Collett's Corner Design Competition
- 06 September 2018 - Public Presentation: Stage 2 Concept Design Finalists - Lyttelton Art Factory 6-8pm
- 21 August 2018 - Public Meeting: Investor Workshop -6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton (PDF)
- 06 June 2018 - Public Meeting: Announcing the Design Competition -6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- 15 May 2018 - Invitation to submit Concept Designs for Collett's Corner
- 27 March 2018 - Public Meeting: Project Update -6-7pm at 25 Canterbury St Lyttelton
- Lytteltonions (people that work, live or own property in the Harbour Basin)
- Investors in Collett's Corner
- Collett's Corner Residents
- Future tenants and business owners
- Ohu: Development Manager
- Warren & Mahoney in association with in:flux: Architects
- Joseph & Associates: Project Manager, Commercial Analysis, Quantity Surveyor
- Engeo: Geotech
- Novo Group: Planner, Transport Engineer
- Structex: Structural Engineer
- Holmes Fire: Fire Engineer
- Powell Fenwick: Service Engineer
- EA Curation: Human Centric Design Commercial Strategy
- Leon White Design: Graphic Design
- The Copy Room: Copy Editor
- Telling Lives: Story Teller and Video Production
- Fairground Accounting: Accountant
- Parry Field Lawyers: Legal Advice
Collett's Corner Constitution
- Here is a link to the Collett's Corner constitution. Collett's Corner Ltd is a for purpose company, which means the directors are bound to serve the purpose as set out in our constitution.
Since moving to Christchurch in 2011, Camia has been involved in several community minded initiatives including XCHC (Exchange Christchurch), Te Pūtahi: Christchurch Centre for Architecture and City Making, the Gap Filler Pallet Pavilion, and Studio Christchurch. Before moving to New Zealand, Camia practiced as an Architect in Europe with OMA in Holland and Herzog & de Meuron in Switzerland and worked on several large scale civic projects and urban master plans. Camia serves as a Trustee on the Hillary Institute board, the Ohu Foundation board and she is the Founding Partner of Ohu Development Ltd and Founding Director XCHC.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about Collett's Corner please get in touch.
Ohu is working with the Lyttelton community to create a co-living apartment building centred around wellbeing facilities on London St. The 4 story building will have a wellness centre, coworking, shops, restaurant and apartments.