Tool: A Comparison of Legal Structures
A comparison of the different legal structures available.
There are many alternative legal structures that you can use to deliver your project. This comparison table outlines the basic legal structures available.
Before you enter into specific contractual arrangements, there are a few things you should think about. We summarised these below. If you need help working through these - and understanding the implications of each - please get in touch.
- Who will make key decisions?
- Will there be profit and how will it flow? What about the flow of money in general?
- Will your organisation have a charitable purpose?
- Who will hold the liability or risk?
- And who will retain equity (i.e. a financial interest)?